LVCA 24-hr hourly caregivers provide 1-on-1 care to clients for a variety of reasons:
- A recent discharge from a hospital or rehab facility who needs short-term or long-term care with ambulating, transfers
- Hospice, end of life critical care
- Alzheimer’s Care
- Short-term for Rehab
- A recent Hip or Knee Replacement surgery patient needing short-term non-medical assistance? LVCA can assist with Personal Care needs or Homemaker/Companion services for two weeks, two months, etc. Let us help you plan for your rehab at home.
Personal Care Services
LVCA has experienced PCAs, Certified Nursing Assistants, and Home Health Aides on staff to provide clients assistance in the following areas:
- Incontinence Care
- Assist with Home Exercise Program
- Medication Reminders
- Respite for live-in caregiver or family member
- May also provide homemaking and companion services (link to Homemaker/Companion description)
LVCA Homemaker/Companions can help in a variety of areas to keep a loved one safe at home, lighten your load or be a bright spot in somebody’s day. Duties can include:
- Cleaning – vacuum, dust, wash floors, windows, dishes
- Changing bed and bath linens
- Laundry – washing, ironing
- Planning and preparing meals
- Running errands – prescription pick-up, grocery shopping, dry cleaning, etc.
- Encourage good eating/drinking habits
- Medication reminders
- Assist with phone calls, organizing calendar, and making appointments
- Organizing and reading mail
- Drive client to appointments – bank, doctor, hairdresser, social activities, etc.
- Organizing closets and shelves
- Conversation and general companionship
- Recreation — reading, games, crafts, etc.
- Encourage physical activity – walking, golfing, etc.
- Provide respite for family caregivers
LVCA homemaker/companions provide escorted transportation for a variety of reasons. Whether you are recovering from an illness or surgery and temporarily unable to drive, or you are no longer comfortable driving you can call us for your driving needs. LVCA provides:
- driving to scheduled doctor’s appointments
- driving to daily medical treatments
- driving and assisting with packages from shopping trips
- companionship and driving to restaurants, theaters, hobby events, senior centers, etc.
- ride home from hospital or rehab facility